THE DANCE : WEEKLY FREE-MOVEMENT SESSIONS IN BRUSSELS
!!! THE DANCE IS TAKING A WINTER BREAK AND WILL RESUME EARLY 2018 STAY TUNED !!!
come dance with us in this playful sometimes cathartic improvisation practice : a space for radical self-expression through movement in search of drug-free trancelike states : far from images, far from words.
dancing dirty dancing holy dancing sexy dancing awkward dancing crazy
each session of the dance lasts 2 hours and takes you through a wave : starting slow, up to rhythmic beats, peaking, and back down to silence.
music? a mix of pop, RnB, hiphop, trap, electronic and experimental tunes, lovingly crafted.
no rules just dance, music, pleasure.
@THE NEW SPACE
rue de fierlant 99
Contribution : 10€
a few practicalities:
- bring ample clothes and a bottle of water : be ready to sweat
- forget what it looks like, dance whichever way feels good
- try and keep moving through the whole session, even if you get tired or are not wild about a particular song, try and keep moving through it, however slowly
- no talking on the dancefloor unless it's necessary : body-talk time
- keep your eyes open enough so as to not hurt other people or get hurt
get all the updates on facebook